parish of Mount Bures takes its name from the "Mount" or
"Mound" which stands at the centre of the village and "bur"
which means building or dwelling.
The village residers in Essex, the River Stour to the North and wakes Colne to the south.
Mount Bures was previously called
"Bures St John, Little Bures or Bures Sackville" to distinguish
it from Bures Hamlet and Bures St Mary.
Today Mount Bures is its adopted name.
The railway opened in 1848 and runs through the centre of the village
The nearest rail station is located at Bures Hamlet
of World War 1
The Thomas Love Charity
Church Roof Repairs 2014
MorrisMen NEW PHOTO ALBUM PUBLISHED
The Thatchers Arms Quoits team
NEW: Boys accident at Newmans Mill added
NEW:- Archived News
Peter Mason funeral
Festival at Mount Bures Church
Photographs of the Flowers inside the
Church can be viewed here
Fair, Saturday 29th November at
Looking for long lost
relatives or just information about Mount Bures:-
Then use our Message Board for a quick response.
William Cant emigrated to Australia in 1850 from Mount Bures, when he was only 20 years of age.
He subsequently joined
an expedition across Western Australia which turned out to be disastrous
READ MORE HERE
Welcome to the Rev
the new Priest at Mount Bures Church